Crick in the Neck
Everybody has experienced pain in the neck or shoulder region in one moment or another. From the simple fact that you sleep at an awkward angle or the result of a serious trauma, there are many reasons why neck and shoulder pain can occur. We have listed symptoms and the causes of neck pain.
Symptoms and Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- A stiff neck can have several causes most commonly, it is a result of sleeping with your pillows too high.
- Injury can also leaving your neck feeling stiff and sore. An accident which jerks your head around violently may injure muscles and ligaments in your neck.
- Pinched nerves may be an effect of arthritis. If you have a pinched nerve you may feel pain also radiating down your arm and even legs.
- Muscle spasms can also cause a stiff neck. A spasm occurs when your nerves send messages to your muscles which causes them to contract.
- While most may think that stress only affects you on an emotional or mental level, it can manifest itself physically. When you’re stressed your muscles can become tense. A stiff neck is one of the signs that you are under stress.
- Shoulder pain can occur more frequently as the mobile joint tends to be more susceptible to injury. Overexertion can lead to strains, tendonitis, and shoulder joint instability. Dislocation is common but serious injuries include collar or upper bone fractures, and pinched nerves.
Neck Pain Chiropractic Care in Wilmington, NC
Your neck and shoulders work hard, even if you are sitting at a desk all day your neck and shoulders are affected by your posture. At Russ Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we understand that your neck and shoulders need looking after, which is why we offer special neck exams. Our exam includes a computerized nerve scan with a report of all of our findings so we can find out what area is causing you problems. Schedule your exam today by calling (910)395-5066.