Back pain can be anything from a dull, constant ache to a sharp pain that makes it difficult to move. These symptoms can stem from older age or an injury. The most important things you should not do when experiencing back aches is to ignore them.
Cause of Back Pain
• Everyone gets back pain and some point in time. Those who get regular back pain are those who are older since it is a common symptom that comes with aging. Some may experience back pain as young as 30 to 40 years old.
• Those who have poor physical fitness will also experience pain. Or being overweight, since too much weight can place stress on your back causing pain.
• Heredity and diseases contribute to back problems as well. Arthritis and some types of cancers can lead to a back condition.
• If you have a physically demanding job that requires heavy lifting, pushing, or twisting your body then that may contribute to significant back pain. Alternatively, sitting slouched at a desk all day can also contribute to a poor back.
• Smoking can lead to a myriad of health problems, including problems with your back. Since smoking disables your body from absorbing the nutrients it needs to stay healthy, the disks in your back begin to suffer.
Back Pain Prevention
If you are wondering if back pain can be prevented, then the answer is yes. The simplest ways to go about this are by:
• Exercising regularly to keep your back muscles strong.
• Maintain a healthy weight by, again exercising, and a diet which includes enough calcium and vitamin D to help your bones.
• Also stand or sit up as straight as you can. Be sure to avoid heavy lifting, but if you cannot avoid it then be sure to bend with your knees while keeping your back straight.
Back Pain Chiropractic Care in Wilmington, NC
If you have experienced back pain then you should seek out a chiropractor. At Russ Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we can help you with your back problems by determining the cause through an exam and offering a services to alleviate your symptoms. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at (910)395-5066.