Back pain can be anything from a dull, constant ache to a sharp pain that makes it difficult to move. These symptoms can stem from older age or an injury. The most important things you should not do when experiencing back aches is to ignore them.
Cause of Back Pain
• Everyone gets back pain and some point in time. Those who get regular back pain are those who are older since it is a common symptom that comes with aging. Some may experience back pain as young as 30 to 40 years old.
• Those who have poor physical fitness will also experience pain. Or being overweight, since too much weight can place stress on your back causing pain.
• Heredity and diseases contribute to back problems as well. Arthritis and some types of cancers can lead to a back condition.
• If you have a physically demanding job that requires heavy lifting, pushing, or twisting your body then that may contribute to significant back pain. Alternatively, sitting slouched at a desk all day can also contribute to a poor back.
• Smoking can lead to a myriad of health problems, including problems with your back. Since smoking disables your body from absorbing the nutrients it needs to stay healthy, the disks in your back begin to suffer.
Back Pain Prevention
If you are wondering if back pain can be prevented, then the answer is yes. The simplest ways to go about this are by:
• Exercising regularly to keep your back muscles strong.
• Maintain a healthy weight by, again exercising, and a diet which includes enough calcium and vitamin D to help your bones.
• Also stand or sit up as straight as you can. Be sure to avoid heavy lifting, but if you cannot avoid it then be sure to bend with your knees while keeping your back straight.
Back Pain Chiropractic Care in Wilmington, NC
If you have experienced back pain then you should seek out a chiropractor. At Russ Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we can help you with your back problems by determining the cause through an exam and offering a services to alleviate your symptoms. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at (910)395-5066.
Crick in the Neck
Everybody has experienced pain in the neck or shoulder region in one moment or another. From the simple fact that you sleep at an awkward angle or the result of a serious trauma, there are many reasons why neck and shoulder pain can occur. We have listed symptoms and the causes of neck pain.
Symptoms and Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- A stiff neck can have several causes most commonly, it is a result of sleeping with your pillows too high.
- Injury can also leaving your neck feeling stiff and sore. An accident which jerks your head around violently may injure muscles and ligaments in your neck.
- Pinched nerves may be an effect of arthritis. If you have a pinched nerve you may feel pain also radiating down your arm and even legs.
- Muscle spasms can also cause a stiff neck. A spasm occurs when your nerves send messages to your muscles which causes them to contract.
- While most may think that stress only affects you on an emotional or mental level, it can manifest itself physically. When you’re stressed your muscles can become tense. A stiff neck is one of the signs that you are under stress.
- Shoulder pain can occur more frequently as the mobile joint tends to be more susceptible to injury. Overexertion can lead to strains, tendonitis, and shoulder joint instability. Dislocation is common but serious injuries include collar or upper bone fractures, and pinched nerves.
Neck Pain Chiropractic Care in Wilmington, NC
Your neck and shoulders work hard, even if you are sitting at a desk all day your neck and shoulders are affected by your posture. At Russ Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we understand that your neck and shoulders need looking after, which is why we offer special neck exams. Our exam includes a computerized nerve scan with a report of all of our findings so we can find out what area is causing you problems. Schedule your exam today by calling (910)395-5066.
Lower Back Pain
Experiencing lower back pain can mean an issue with tendons, muscles, and other soft tissues located in that area. Highly sensitive nerves, small joints, or spinal discs could also be the cause of the pain you are suffering. Lower back pain is extremely common and the pain can vary in its severity. The type of lower back pain are classified into three categories.
Axial Low Back Pain
This is the most common type of back pain and is confined to the lower back only. It can be sharp or dull pain but can impede your ability to stand or walk. Doing certain physical activities can make it worse along with sitting for long periods of time. Fortunately, it is a short lived pain that can last from 6 to 12 weeks.
Also known as sciatica, this is the second most common type of pain found in the lower back region. Unlike axial pain, Lumbar is caused by conditions in your body that compress the nerve roots of the sciatic nerve. The severe pain is found to be more in the leg than the back itself. Along with pain is numbness or weakness in the lower back, if at all, and on only one side of the lower body. It affects the buttock, leg, or foot.
Low Back Pain with Referred Pain
Similar to axial pain, low back pain with referred pain is a dull ache that radiates to the groin, buttock and upper thigh but rarely occurs below the knee. The ache will vary in intensities. It is very hard to pinpoint the specific source of this pain.
Lower Back Pain Care in Wilmington, NC
When lower back pain is coupled with fever, chills, leg weakness, or severe abdominal pain, then it is imperative that you seek out a doctor. Do not allow your lower back pain to grow worse and see a chiropractor today. At Russ Chiropractic, we can help alleviate back pain caused by a labor-intensive job, pregnancy, or just from a wrong move. Schedule an exam by calling our office at (910) 395-5066.
Headaches and Their Causes
Headaches are classified as pain occurring in the head or neck region. From stress to a misaligned spine, the cause of headaches can vary. The degree of a headache are classified into four categories; tension, daily persistent, cluster, and migraine. In order to treat a headache, one must understand the cause of it.
A tensions headache is the least severe of the four. The pain is a mild or moderate ache with perhaps pain behind the eyes. Tension headaches usually respond well to over-the-counter medication. Tension headaches usually occur during times of extreme stress.
Daily Persistent Headaches
As the name suggests, these headaches occur daily and can last for a few hours. The location of the headache are located on one or both sides of your head. These types of headaches can also be treated with over-the-counter medication. Like tension headaches, the cause can be rooted in stress or out of place spine.
With severe pain located behind one eye is a sign of a cluster headache. The pain associate with this type of headache is often described as sharp or stabbing. Causes of a cluster headache can be a sign of an underlying disease.
Along with severe, throbbing pain located on both sides of your head come nausea and light sensitivity. They are sometimes confused with tension headaches except migraines last for much longer. Also like
Natural Headache Cure
While you can treat your headaches with over-the-counter drugs like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, these are only temporary fixes. One main reason you may have recurring headaches is that your spine is misaligned. That’s where Russ Chiropractic and Wellness Center come in. Our chiropractors can put your spine back to rights with slight manipulation. With consistent treatment, you will be rid of your headaches for good. For more information about our headache relief or other services, contact us at (910)395-5066.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!